Ng’iresi is situated 7 km out of Arusha, on the slopes of Mt. Meru. It is inhabited by farmers of the Waarusha tribe.
The villages of Ng’iresia and Olgilai have the following on offer for visitors:
– A guided tour to farms on the lush slopes of Mt. Meru
– A visit to several development projects in the village
-soil conservation, irrigation, crossbreeding, bio-gas
– A climb to Kivesi Hill, an old volcano with a natural forest on the top
– A glimpse of the Wa-arusha culture
– A walk to Songoto and Navuru waterfalls
– A delicious lunch and dinner prepared by the Juhudi Women’s Group Different tours have been organized.
The tours are available for half day, full day, and two/three/four days: