Babati district is located along the Arusha-Dodoma road in the Rift Valley, South of Lake Manyara Park and West of Tarangire. In both Babati and the nearby Hanang distric. The people follow their tribal culture and traditions closely and visitors can mix freely with them to observe their lifestyle. The area has a rich birdlife with over 400 species.
The highlights of a tour to the area are:
– An exclusive Mount Hanang Climb
– A fishing adventure with local canoes on Lake Babati while viewing hippos
– A chance to participate in local beer brewing
– A visit to development projects like cattle and goat dairy farming, piped water project, bio-gas energy project
– Cycling expedition through remote areas
The tours are available for half day, full day, and two/three/four days: